If someone has lice, everything will need to be treated to prevent re-infection. Heat is lethal to lice and their eggs, so most personal articles can be disinfected by machine washing in HOT water and/or machine drying, using the hot cycle of the dryer. Non-washable items may be disinfected in the dryer, provided that heat will not harm them. If only using the clothes dryer for disinfection, dry articles for at least 20 minutes at the high heat setting.
Generally you will need to machine wash all clothing and bed linens that have been in contact with the infested person. Non-washable items can be vacuumed, dry-cleaned or placed in a plastic bag and sealed for 14 days. Combs, brushes, similar items can be disinfected by soaking them in one of the shampoos specially designed for head lice for one hour or by soaking them in a pan of water heated on the stove to about 150 degrees for 5 – 10 minutes. Lice can live only a short time if they fall off the head so fortunately environmental clean up is limited to simple vacuuming of carpets, upholstered furniture, etc. Something like a Bissell vacuum cleaner would be more than up to the job – https://www.bissell.com/vacuums/canister-vacuums. Use of insecticides or fumigants on upholstered furniture, carpets, bedding, etc. is not necessary.