The flowers were in bloom at this house we tutored at today in Dover, MA. Springtime in New England!
Private School Trivia #3
A: $31,539 was the average 2017 tuition for private high schools in Massachusetts.
Q: What is the average 2017 tuition for private elementary schools in Massachusetts?
Check back tomorrow for the answer.
PARENTS AGREE: Y3K TUTOR IN YOUR HOME CHANGES LIVES
Y3K Tutor In Your Home has been working with our 7-year-old son who was diagnosed with executive function. After only a few sessions I could not believe the difference in his writing and math. I am amazed that in such a short period of time we went from not being able to read anything our son wrote, to having him write complete legible sentences. My son’s tutor has a natural ability for making children feel comfortable. He also shows them that it is OK to make mistakes. I talked to many different people who provided tutoring services and found that their process was very specific and not necessarily tailored to the child and their way of learning. After talking to Jerry I knew our search was over. Jerry is amazing and cares very much for the kids he works with. I cannot thank him enough for his hard work, dedication, advice and most of all the hope that he has given me for my son and his future.
Hastings Elementary School Parent
Famous author Theresa Mackiewicz took time out of her North American book tour to tell her fans about Y3K Tutor In Your Home tutoring and test preparation services. We are grateful for the endorsement and support from this successful children’s author and educational expert. In this picture Theresa Mackiewicz proudly displays our Y3K Tutor In Your Home flyer to the crowd of hundreds of families that came out to get an autographed copy of her new book Scribbles at Barnes & Noble in Framingham, MA.
You already know the story of Thanksgiving from 1620 and the first holiday celebration that started in Plymouth, MA in 1621. Most people do not know the history of how Thanksgiving became a legal holiday in the United States. Starting tomorrow we will be posting daily right up to Thanksgiving Day, interesting facts about how Thanksgiving evolved into a holiday. Check back here tomorrow for your first serving of Thanksgiving history.
The Sportsmen’s Tennis and Enrichment Center in Boston, MA will be having their silent auction this coming Friday. If you attend the Dorchester event called The Sportsmen’s Tennis Ball, be on the lookout for the Y3K Tutor In Your Home donation for tutoring and test prep. The money raised will help them support high quality free and low-cost youth programs year round. Boston youth’s lives will be enriched through our donation and your bids.
More and more colleges each year realize the SAT is not an effective measure of student intelligence. The list of schools no longer requiring the SAT grows by the year. Several colleges including UMass Lowell and Salem State University have made the main SAT and ACT tests optional.
Y3K Tutor In Your Home 13th Annual Buddy Dog Humane Society Collection Drive Complete List
Here is the complete list of items collected for the Y3K Tutor In Your Home 13th Annual Buddy Dog Humane Society Collection Drive. There are three convenient drop-off locations. Pick-ups are the first Saturday of each month. Our collection drive is from November 1st to January 10th. Call now!
Most Needed Items:
• Limited-slip or Martingale collars of all sizes
• Non-clumping, clay cat litter
• Bleach, laundry detergent, liquid dish soap
• Waterless hand sanitizer
• Rubbing alcohol and distilled water
• Easy walk harnesses, medium and large
• Sturdy leashes, 6-foot and 8-foot
For the Cats and Kittens:
• Science Diet brand dry food
• Canned cat food (any brand, but not the shredded variety)
• Blankets and soft cat beds
• Toys (squeaky toys, balls, stuffed mice, fishing pole toys, catnip)
• Litter box deodorizer (Arm & Hammer or any other brand)
• New, standard-sized litter boxes (no hood)
• Temptations cat treats
For the Dogs and Puppies:
• Science Diet brand dry food
• Canned dog food (any brand or variety)
• Toys (squeaky and plush toys; no tennis balls or rope toys)
• Bully sticks, DentaStix, Greenies (no rawhides please)
• Blankets and soft dog beds
• Step in harness small and medium sizes
• Pill Pockets
• Soft, chewy treats (soft Milkbones, BilJacs, Buddy Biscuits, etc.)
For the Staff:
• Office supplies: dry-erase markers and two-pocket folders
• Paper towels and tissues
• Medical supplies such as cotton balls, hydrogen peroxide, Q-Tips, and first-aid items
• Plastic drinking cups
• All purpose cleaner and sponges
Gift Certificates: We can always use gift certificates from the following stores to purchase shelter supplies.
• PetCo, PetSmart, and Especially for Pets
• Home Depot, Lowe’s
• B.J’S Wholesale Club
• Pet Edge
Y3K Tutor In Your Home © All Rights Reserved 2003-Y3K