Here are some important tips when back-to-school shoe/sneaker shopping:
1. Have your kids try on shoes at the end of the day or after a workout when feet are swelled.
2. There must be at least a half-inch of space between the longest toe and the tip of the shoes. Make sure there is plenty of room to wiggle the toes inside each shoe.
3. Always lace the shoes when trying them on.
4. When trying on shoes, have your student wear the type of socks they would normally be wearing.
5. Walk and run in the shoes on different surfaces like tile or carpet to make sure they are comfortable. They should not require breaking in.