Here are some important tips when back-to-school shoe/sneaker shopping:
- Have your kids try on shoes at the end of the day or after a workout when feet are swelled.
- There must be at least a half-inch of space between the longest toe and the tip of the shoes. Make sure there is plenty of room to wiggle the toes inside each shoe.
- Always lace the shoes when trying them on.
- When trying on shoes, have your student wear the type of socks they would normally be wearing.
- Walk and run in the shoes on different surfaces like tile or carpet to make sure they are comfortable. They should not require breaking in.