Y3K Tutor In Your Home now offers Dover, MA students test preparation services. We can help with all of your MCAS, SSAT, ISEE and TOEFL needs. Check out our new Dover website:
Y3K Tutor In Your Home won the Yellow Ribbon Award for best tutoring service for the region as voted by the readers of the Hometown Weekly Newspapers for Wellesley, Medfield, Walpole, Westwood, Dover, Sherborn and Needham. A sincere thank you goes out to all that voted for us.
FIRST PLACE BLUE RIBBON AWARD FOR BEST REGIONAL TUTORING 2015
Y3K Tutor In Your Home is the best tutoring service for the region as voted by the readers of the Hometown Weekly Newspapers for Wellesley, Medfield, Walpole, Westwood, Dover, Sherborn and Needham MA.
Y3K Tutor In Your Home 13th Annual Buddy Dog Humane Society Collection Drive Complete List
Here is the complete list of items collected for the Y3K Tutor In Your Home 13th Annual Buddy Dog Humane Society Collection Drive. There are three convenient drop-off locations. Pick-ups are the first Saturday of each month. Our collection drive is from November 1st to January 10th. Call now!
Most Needed Items:
• Limited-slip or Martingale collars of all sizes
• Non-clumping, clay cat litter
• Bleach, laundry detergent, liquid dish soap
• Waterless hand sanitizer
• Rubbing alcohol and distilled water
• Easy walk harnesses, medium and large
• Sturdy leashes, 6-foot and 8-foot
For the Cats and Kittens:
• Science Diet brand dry food
• Canned cat food (any brand, but not the shredded variety)
• Blankets and soft cat beds
• Toys (squeaky toys, balls, stuffed mice, fishing pole toys, catnip)
• Litter box deodorizer (Arm & Hammer or any other brand)
• New, standard-sized litter boxes (no hood)
• Temptations cat treats
For the Dogs and Puppies:
• Science Diet brand dry food
• Canned dog food (any brand or variety)
• Toys (squeaky and plush toys; no tennis balls or rope toys)
• Bully sticks, DentaStix, Greenies (no rawhides please)
• Blankets and soft dog beds
• Step in harness small and medium sizes
• Pill Pockets
• Soft, chewy treats (soft Milkbones, BilJacs, Buddy Biscuits, etc.)
For the Staff:
• Office supplies: dry-erase markers and two-pocket folders
• Paper towels and tissues
• Medical supplies such as cotton balls, hydrogen peroxide, Q-Tips, and first-aid items
• Plastic drinking cups
• All purpose cleaner and sponges
Gift Certificates: We can always use gift certificates from the following stores to purchase shelter supplies.
• PetCo, PetSmart, and Especially for Pets
• Home Depot, Lowe’s
• B.J’S Wholesale Club
• Pet Edge
Here are some local Y3K Tutor In Your Home communities average property tax bill and their % increase in property taxes from 2004 – 2014.
Brookline: $13,954 per year 41.6% increase
Dover: $13,245 per year 57.5% increase
Natick: $6,459 per year 57.2% increase
Needham: $8,765 per year 67.2% increase
Weston: $17,832 per year 58.7% increase
Wayland: $10,974 per year 44.5% increase
Wellesley: $12,469 per year 70.3% increase
Newton: $9,907 per year 45% increase
Sudbury: $11,544 per year 43.9% increase
The next time your town asks you to raise your taxes to pay for another school project, tell them “NO”. Tell them to cut out waste and reduce administrator salaries.
Tomorrow we will look at how and why senior citizens are forced to move or starve to pay for always increasing school projects.
We are proud to support the Charles River School Auction. Make sure you bid on the Y3K Tutor In Your Home donation. The auction is a vital part of the Charles River School of Dover’s fundraising efforts and provides critical funds for the school’s operating budget and students.
ALICE (Alert-Lockdown-Inform-Counter-Evacuate) calls for alerting the police and implementing a lockdown in response to an armed attacker. This in itself is standard procedure in all schools. ALICE takes it a step further by training students and teachers to consider other options such as evacuating or fighting off the attacker. Teachers and students are trained in ways to stop the gunman as a last resort, if there are no other options.
What do you think about your kids being trained to fight off a gunman in school?
After the Newtown, CT school shootings, schools have had to beef up security. Besides cameras and locked doors, some schools are turning to a new controversial method to keep our kids safe. Some school systems are turning to ALICE (Alert-Lockdown-Inform-Counter-Evacuate) which is a training program offered by a Texas based company that promotes alternatives to staying put when a gunman enters a school. Tomorrow we will uncover details about this controversial program.
“College Readiness” looks at SAT writing scores and Advanced Placement scores. The Dreamschool Finder online tool listed Wellesley High School ranked #1, Dover-Sherborn Regional High School ranked #4, Newton South High School ranked #5, Brookline High School ranked #7 and Needham High School ranked #10.
Do you think you know single Y3K Tutor In Your Home town to show up in their top ten for “School Resources”? Tomorrow we will surprise you with the answer.